🔕 🔔

Has anyone tried making a new batch of kefir from store-bought kefir and store-bought organic milk?

I want to go to Whole Foods and buy 1) kefir 2) normal milk and make more kefir from the normal milk, since kefir is like $6/32 oz and milk is $2/32 oz

Thanks!

asked by Ella over 1 year ago

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

ella, i thought one had to have a mother culture to make kefir but i'm sure google will tell you

ktr

You need kefir grains to make kefir so I don't think you'll be able to make kefir using store bought kefir as a starter. The only way you could do it is if it wasn't strained to remove the grains.

I could be wrong, but near WF Kombucha SCOBY supplies, I think I've seen Keifer grains. They are inexpensive, so it could be a fun project to get into. I highly recommend this company for supplies, instructions and advice.
http://store.kombuchakamp...

Kefir..not Keifer

ktr

I've had good luck with purchasing kefir grains and other starters from culturesforhealth.com