🔕 🔔

How long will truffle oil last if refridgerated after opening?

Wondering as I have had in fridge for at least one year as use only a little at a time. Thanks.

asked by Picholine over 2 years ago

Cd2951d7 3dce 4f7e 9c1e e215e64cae33  transparent 600px

There is nothing to rot/spoil but the oil's taste will eventually go south and that some of the truffle aroma will dissipate. My guess is that the oil will retain its original characteristics for 3-6 months in the fridge, then start to slowly deteriorate.

Is it still good now? Well, that's really for you to decide. Taste it. If you like it, use it. If you don't, toss it. Ultimately, that the same decision that billions of cooks make every day with perishable ingredients.

Your call.

4e44c326 7cc2 42c2 8c1f e55e60b8bb30  image

Thanks ......ill do just that! Happy Holidays.