🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Whole Wheat Pita Bread

032b08c7 6ac9 456d aa45 f4a73b0e5fc1  whole wheat pita bread recipe 8

I have a question about the recipe "Whole Wheat Pita Bread" from Becky Rosenthal. How far ahead can I make the dough? Can it sit out longer at room temp before baking?

asked by Ambika Bailey almost 2 years ago

5931bcf1 b22d 41db bdb0 e856dde60d58  image

If dough needs to rise (assuming it has yeast) and you are not ready to bake it, you can retard the rise by refrigerating it. I have not looked at the recipe though. Then when you know you are not pressed for time, take it out and let it rise. But it will take longer.