🔕 🔔

Making a chicken soup, questions about reheating?

For Christmas day I'm making a chicken soup (veloute based) and I was going to add a liaison to thicken it after but I want to make it the day before. If i make the soup, let it cool in the fridge overnight then add the liaison when i reheat it to serve on Christmas day will it turn out the same?

asked by Emma Parker over 2 years ago

Don't add the liaison before. Add the liaison when you reheat it, to the portion that is going to be served.

This is the same for other soups with liaisons/emulsifiers like butter or cream. Soup bases without liaisons refrigerate/freeze well.

Emma Parker

So as long as I just add the liaison AFTER reheating the soup on the day, it'll be fine?

Yes, that's right.

Restaurants do this all the time, finish the soup to order.

Same with garnishes.

Emma Parker

Okay thanks ^_^