February menu for a Sundae Sunday party. I am planning a party for the doldrum month of February that centers around homemade ice cream and toppings.

I always try a recipe for Orange Custard Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, with Caramel Sauce, Thin Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce, and Fleur de Sel.
This year I am thinking about a veg/non veg main dish of Eggplant and Portobello Mushroom Meatballs (meatless) and Non Vegetarian Meatballs, each served with a lusty tomato sauce. Salad on the side and pasta to go under the meatballs and sauce.
What kind of alcohol or other drinks would you serve with this meal?
Traditionally, we have single malt Scotch at the end as a digestif. I like Laphroaig but try to check out a different Scotch each year since I don't know much about Scotch.

SeasonToTaste
SeasonToTaste January 9, 2016

Prosecco with the meatballs? Irish coffee with the ice cream?

Nancy January 10, 2016

A nice Italian red with the eggplant and meatball dishes.
Sparkling white wine or an oaked Chardonnay with the ice cream.
If you like Laphroaig, which is a very smoky, peaty Scotch from and in the style of Islay (tiny island in the Hebrides off west coast), you should try another from there. Some brands easily available include: Ardbeg, Bowmore, Bruicladdich & Lagavulin.