A question about a recipe: Vegetarian Muffuletta

E24b67fa 084e 489a 80e0 433c3b230ba0  unspecified 5

I have a question about the recipe "Vegetarian Muffuletta" from Josh Cohen. Re herbs in olive spread: fennel and oregano? how much?

asked by Pearl over 2 years ago

Internet recipe copy editing QC is unbelievably atrocious. I'm not singling out Food52, it is appalling everywhere.

Normally, when a recipe anomaly is found online, it is recommended to directly contact the author because it alerts that person that the recipe may be incorrectly written in some or *ALL* of the places the recipe was posted (cross posting recipes on the Internet is commonplace these day). In this case, this was written by a Food52 recipe tester, so this might be the primary posting location.

The oregano ingredient line item is completely missing. Until the author pipes up, I suggest 0.5 tsp.

As for the fennel seed, the recipe states 1.5 teaspoons.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Pearl, I just checked the recipe and it looks like the omission was fixed, 1 1/2 teaspoons each.