A question about a recipe: Meyer Lemon Cheesecake with Biscoff Crust

0bc0eee9 f5df 4df4 bd2e 9f692159200f  food52 01 29 13 0785

I have a question about the recipe "Meyer Lemon Cheesecake with Biscoff Crust" from Lucy Mercer. Looks great. Will bake for a fund raiser. Do you suggest baking in a water bath?

asked by Stanley Maleski over 2 years ago

owl
owl

I made this without a water bath after a soggy disaster with another recipe. The nice thing about this recipe is that even if the cheesecake cracks, the sour cream topping will cover them up.

foofaraw

If you do water bath next time, you can prevent soggy crust by put the pan on a sheet of aluminum foil and fold the foil sides up so it becomes like a wall around the pan. Fill in water below the lowest Al foil 'wall'. It works great for me, and the foil can be reused for another cheesecake too.

Em
Em

A good rule of thumb is: if it has a crust, it doesn't need a water bath. The crust will diffuse the heat of the oven and keep your custard from curdling.