🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche

Ab868254 6c97 4322 984c b37c23be0c5c  image 5

I have a question about the recipe "Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche" from Hilarybee. I have some fresh mushrooms I'd like to add to this. Should I cook them first?

asked by AllyKrue over 1 year ago

I would think so, unless you want their raw flavor in your finished dish.

4caa0af8 566e 43ab 992b 57e8725a8b1a  joey

yes, mushrooms give off a lot of water as they cook. Sauteing them first would help remove some of the water so they don't get weepy in the finished dish. Good luck!

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

yes, i agree w/ june and rachel; aside from the watery issue of raw, sauteeing (with SALT) really brings up the mushroom flavor (raw is so dull.)