Ben McCulloch

If you were going to use peach juice you will have to reduce it to concentrate your flavor and remove most of the water. Your liquid ratio will still be off so you will have to figure out how much of the other liquids to reduce so they will set properly.

This might work although I'm wondering where she will find non-insipid peaches in the dead of winter; they are completely out of season and will likely be bland.

If she can find high quality peaches at this time of year, she should be able to find peach extract.

Back to the original poster, your best bet is to look at other types of stores: gourmet grocery stores instead of the low-end stores you have attempted. The latter typically do not carry exotic or speciality items. I'd try a Williams-Sonoma or Sur La Table type shop as well. They carry a selection of speciality ingredients and peach extract might be one of them.

Dorie Greenspan
Dorie Greenspan

Dorie is a food writer and award-winning author of twelve cookbooks, her latest is Dorie's Cookies.

If you were to make a peach filling using peach jam and either white chocolate or cream cheese, would that work for you?

Ben McCulloch

Have you considered buying a peach liqueur? I am sure your local liquor store will have one.

Ben McCulloch

Here is a link. http://www.bonappetit.com... on what they recommend to buy.

Dorie Greenspan
Dorie Greenspan

Ben, this is a good idea!

caninechef

I have had Kerns peach nectar( supermarket), pretty tasty. Probably loaded with sugar. I think Goya also makes one though I have not tried it.

Bascula

Do you have a spice place, like Penzeys, or perhaps a restaurant supply store?

Sean R

Oh no, not Penzeys! They only carry basic extracts: vanilla, almond, lemon, and orange. Sorry, lots of employees are chewed out when customers come looking for obscure food items and find themselves disappointed.

Missy, I'd love to know what you ended up doing to achieve the proper peachiness!