Rutabaga caponata--how should I serve? What white wine can stand up to it?

I cleaned out the fridge and used my last rutabaga to make this recipe from Saveur http://www.saveur.com/article.... I made it once before and cannot recall how I served it, but I do recall liking it. I am thinking I'll have it as a snack with bread and cheese, but I am stumped on what kind of wine can stand up to both rutabaga and the balsamic. I prefer white. Any ideas?

asked by Valhalla over 2 years ago

I cannot imagine calling anything made with rutabaga "Caponata," but I'd probably choose a sturdy Italian white like Verdicchio. I've served that with regular Caponata.

Emily | Cinnamon&Citrus

Reviewing the recipe with its warm spices, it may also pair well with a German Riesling or an Austrian Gruner Veltliner.

Valhalla

thanks--yeah I was thinking something a little on the sweet side, but I am rubbish at strange pairings like this.
chefjune, it is a case of creative naming to be sure, but it is actually quite good!

Emily | Cinnamon&Citrus

Oh if you like a bit of sweetness I bet a Gewurztraminer would be nice!