🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Torta al Testo - Italian Flatbread with Rucola and Mozzarella

686a034d 9d9b 40d5 95a2 a252e5dce1db  tortaaltesto2 jan8

I have a question about the recipe "Torta al Testo - Italian Flatbread with Rucola and Mozzarella" from Meike Peters | eat in my kitchen. Could this be baked on a stone in the oven? And if so, for how long and at what temperature? Thanks.

asked by Vicki 9 months ago
78dcb620 a8c1 47a2 9b64 356ac612a09b  dsc 0037 edit square

Hello Vicki, I've never tried it, I always bake my torta al testo the traditional way, on the stove. A hot stone should work, but the result will be different as the bread will get the heat from the stone but also from the hot air in the oven. If you'd like to try it, I recommend using the highest temperature setting and watching it well, check after 1 minute so that it doesn't become too dark. However, I'm not sure if the bread will rise the same way as it does in a hot skillet. Please let me know how it worked out! All the best, Meike