🔕 🔔

Cooked lasagna noodles: can I assemble tomorrow? Making lasagna roll-ups for freezer,have all of the parts ready but no containers till tomorrow

Our stores are closed today, so I cannot get the containers today! I need a specific size for the freezing I'm doing, and only have one here. The lasagna noodles are cooked and laid out on greased cookie sheets, the filling is made, and the vegetable sauce is made. I just don't know if I can use the noodles tomorrow, once we can purchase the specific containers, or is it critical enough to use them now that I need to completely change my plans?

asked by FoodFanaticToo over 1 year ago

8671a78d 7dd4 4230 a4ec 2a67389ef45e  image

The noodles should be fine. Cover the cookie sheets with plastic and store in the fridge. You already took the step of oiling them and spreading them out--the crucial thing is making sure there is no excess moisture but that they don't dry out either, and you have that covered.

775377b2 7f1a 481d 8ab6 e4cfff64aa7c  jansmile

Thank you so much

You're welcome! Sounds tasty...I haven't made roll-ups in ages!

05ecb292 9c62 4e50 b630 a898cae237ad  laura avatar s size

Windischgirl already answer your question, but I have another question. Lasagna is made with sheets, what are lasagna noodles?

Where I live, there are no lasagna sheets. Just these http://www.amazon.com/Barilla...

Just to make sure I looked at the definition of "noodles": a very thin, long strip of pasta or a narrow strip of unleavened egg dough. Lasagna (as the one in the picture) is rectangular shape, not narrow or thin, so normally it should be called Lasagna sheets. Sorry for being a pain in the neck !

Semantics, semantics ?

I did say Sorry !! ;-)