My recipe requires simmering boneless chicken thighs for 30 minutes after browning. I'd rather finish them in the oven. How long and what temperatur

Chicken thighs

asked by Loretta over 2 years ago

SMSF
SMSF

SMSF is a trusted home cook.

Assuming there's enough liquid to keep the chicken moist (not necessarily covered in liquid), I'd go with 325 degrees F for 25-30 minutes. Preheat your oven. After browning the chicken, add whatever liquid the recipe requires and bring to a boil, then pop it in the oven to finish cooking.

Remember that whatever method you are using the technique is still a braise. You need to keep the liquid at a steady simmer. No two ovens are calibrated exactly equally. Doneness is determined by the internal temperature which for chicken should be 150F when probing the thigh meat.

Loretta

Thank you. I didn't know how the two would equate.

You'll Want to Eat These Soy Sauce Eggs with Everything

Game changed.

Momofuku's Famed Soy Sauce Eggs

From filling salads to warming soups, we've got you covered.

Easy Lunch Ideas

A weeknight slam dunk.

Miso Butter Skillet Chicken

Get Set for the Best

And why Sunday is, hands down, the best day of the week.

American Expat Life in Paris