🔕 🔔

My recipe requires simmering boneless chicken thighs for 30 minutes after browning. I'd rather finish them in the oven. How long and what temperatur

Chicken thighs

asked by Loretta over 1 year ago

8bbfe648 dc7e 43f9 816b 4de4ae50eec7  photo
SMSF

SMSF is a trusted home cook.

Assuming there's enough liquid to keep the chicken moist (not necessarily covered in liquid), I'd go with 325 degrees F for 25-30 minutes. Preheat your oven. After browning the chicken, add whatever liquid the recipe requires and bring to a boil, then pop it in the oven to finish cooking.

Remember that whatever method you are using the technique is still a braise. You need to keep the liquid at a steady simmer. No two ovens are calibrated exactly equally. Doneness is determined by the internal temperature which for chicken should be 150F when probing the thigh meat.

Thank you. I didn't know how the two would equate.