moldy tasting beef wellington

I bought some beef wellington from Omaha steaks and the mushroom pate kind of tasted moldy.Is this normal?

702551
702551 June 8, 2016

Doesn't sound right. Contact their customer service department for a new one.

Leigh Wade
Leigh Wade June 9, 2016

I already did and they sent a new one.If this one taste the same I assume its supposed to taste that way.

ChefJune June 9, 2016

I would not assume that. I would assume they've got a whole bad lot. Nothing is supposed to taste moldy.... except perhaps something Andrew Zimmern unearths on Bizarre Foods...

Alexandra V. Jones

Mushrooms can taste "earthy", and many of the best cheeses are technically "moldy" do you normally like mushrooms? I would guess it may be the flavor profile you don't care for, as I would doubt they would send out spoiled product, if that were the case the meat itself and pastry would be "off" tasting or furry.

QueenSashy June 9, 2016

I am with the rest of the gang -- this does not sound right. Even if the ingredients are OK, then the flavor profile is messed up, and I do not think it is an excuse either. Wellington is a well defined traditional dish, so it should taste like Wellington.