I've got some about a cup of wonderful mushroom duxelles left over from making appetizers. Any ideas other than beef wellington?

asked by Burnt Offerings over 7 years ago

How about stir them into a risotto, or use them as an omelet filling?

Burnt Offerings

Oh - omelet is a great idea - maybe even frittata with the left over Brie cheese from the apps!

On pizza!! Go very lightly on the other ingredients . . . a few thinly sliced onions, a few paper-thin slices of a savory salume, a few pieces of broccoli rabe and a very light sprinkling of parmigianno or similar cheese. (I make and put up in 4 ounce jars my own duxelles, just for this purpose.) ;o)

MeghanVK

I recently had a dish that was a layer of cod topped with a thin layer of duxelles and then a layer of mashed potatoes, run under the broiler. It was delicious!

MakeThatMakeThis

Stirred into fresh pasta with a little cream and truffle oil - and maybe a lemony green salad on the side - something fresh, acidic and peppery