freezing mushrooms

I am making beef stew, and a few other items that contain mushrooms (cooked). Can I freeze these concoctions with the mushrooms? I have heard varying ideas.

asked by peach49 over 5 years ago

It should be fine, but if you're concerned, hold off adding them. Freeze the stew, then add the mushrooms when thawed and reheating.

bigpan

No problem as the shrooms are cooked; but, when I make a dish that will go to the freezer I cook it to about 75% done. Let it finish when you reheat.
If for a dinner with anticipated leftovers to freeze- pull out the quantity to freeze at the 75% mark.