freezing mushrooms

I am making beef stew, and a few other items that contain mushrooms (cooked). Can I freeze these concoctions with the mushrooms? I have heard varying ideas.

asked by peach49 almost 6 years ago

It should be fine, but if you're concerned, hold off adding them. Freeze the stew, then add the mushrooms when thawed and reheating.

bigpan

No problem as the shrooms are cooked; but, when I make a dish that will go to the freezer I cook it to about 75% done. Let it finish when you reheat.
If for a dinner with anticipated leftovers to freeze- pull out the quantity to freeze at the 75% mark.

These Impossibly Fudgy Chocolate Cakes Have One Big Secret

No butter, no oil -- just one magical ingredient.

Genius Chocolate Cake

Inspired by Chef Bryant Ng's creamy classic.

30-Minute Chickpea Curry

Let's settle this once and for all, shall we?

The Best Carbonara, According to an Italian Chef

What's New in the Neighborhood

Holiday recipes from The German-Jewish cookbook

Break the Yom Kippur Fast with Salad