🔕 🔔

Nigel Slater's Extremely Moist Beet Cake/When is it done?

What is the internal temperature of Nigel Slater's beet cake when it is done? I find that getting it out at just the right time is a bit tricky. Thanks

asked by EMR 6 months ago
Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Unfortunately, Nigel Slater doesn't give an internal temperature in the book. Have you been following the visual cues given (The rim of the cake should feel spongy, the inner part should still wobble a little when gently shaken, and a toothpick test in the center should pull out moist crumbs) and letting the cake cool completely before removing it from the pan and are still having trouble with it?

EMR

Thanks for your answer. I have followed the Slater directions but am always left wondering if my cake has been taken out of the oven at just the right time to achieve maximum moistness without a gooey mess in the middle. I will keep working on it as this cake has become a family favorite.