🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Peach Tart

1306fcea fb6d 45ec 8d00 a1af7da8fd0c  2011 0822 peach tart james ransom 4118

I have a question about the recipe "Peach Tart" from Amanda Hesser. Is my peach tart going to be awful because my peaches are slightly under ripe? :(

asked by Lacy about 1 year ago

ktr

Can you wait a few days to make it? If so, toss them in a paper bag and let them ripen on the counter. If not, you could try roasting them slightly before using.

If you can't wait, slice the peaches and macerate them in (fresh!) lemon juice for a couple of hours. Drain and dry them before using them in the tart.

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Hi Lacy, sorry I didn't answer sooner -- was traveling. The above answers are great; while ripe peaches are best for this recipe, it's a pretty forgiving tart and the topping would probably mask most underripe ills. Hope all turned out well!