A question about a recipe: Peach Tart

1306fcea fb6d 45ec 8d00 a1af7da8fd0c  2011 0822 peach tart james ransom 4118

I have a question about the ingredient "vegetable or canola oil" on the recipe "Peach Tart" from amanda.
I'm hoping to understand the term 'vegetable oil.' Since canola and olive are both from vegetable, not animal, sources, what does vegetable oil mean?

asked by susan g about 7 years ago

Oh, I just meant in terms of labeling. In the store you usually see "canola" oil and "vegetable" oil, and you can use either.

Sally Max

I think less charactristic oil is better for fruit cake.

Lemondrop

Amanda, You explained vegetable oil ver nicely, but did not address the olive oil part of the question. Olive oil would not be appropriate for use in the tart, correct?

Lemondrop, thanks for your follow-up -- there is both vegetable oil and olive oil in the crust. Equal amounts of each. I suggest using a mild olive oil. Hope this answers your question. If not, let me know.

ChocolateDiva

I used peanut oil and it worked fine.