How do you grind up Parmesan cheese in a Food Processor? Mines been broken long time, just got a new one and don't remember. Drop chunks down while it's running?

asked by nutcakes over 7 years ago

RavensFeast

You could simply use your basic attachments for grating, wide or fine.

nutcakes

Oh gosh. found the stem, can't figure out how to attach it to the blade. Now to look for the book...I'm almost out of time.

nutcakes

Got it, just noticed the pin.

Forget the food processor and go straight to the Microplane grater. You'll have clouds of parmigiano in seconds.

RavensFeast

True, true. A snowpocalypse of parmigiano.

RobertaJ

Pulse, pulse, pulse. Don't just lean on the "on" button. I get the best results from the "metal" blade, not any of the disks, for Parm/Romano. Fairly small chunks and pulse, pulse, pulse.

innoabrd

I like a good, old-fashioned hand grater. Never really liked the micro-plane thing. I want my parmesan to have a bit more oomph than snow....