7eb8d55d 1667 491a 8cfb b33ebae8436b  p1070007 3 2

Elderly friends coming for Sunday lunch are not allowed to have salt, onions, garlic or bell peppers. Any suggestions for dishes that avoid these but aren't bland?

asked by megatonlove almost 8 years ago

Can they have oil? You could slow poach fish in olive oil. http://www.food52.com/recipes...
and just use herbs and lots of lemon as seasoning.

You could also make a simple roast chicken. Just leave off the salt, and use lots of fresh herbs instead.

Good one Dr Babs! And maybe start with a blended squash soup, You could roast the squash and add herbs / spices for additional flavor. If they can have dairy then a bit of cream for richness maybe ...

amreiskitchen

With chicken or veggies lemon is a nice alternative to salt it adds the bit if zing that is often missing from dishes where the salt is simply omitted.try a bit of zest as well as juice.I also favor the fresh leafy herbs

betteirene

Ginger helps, too.