🔕 🔔

What should i make with my leftover Brie? a main meal preferably! :)

asked by @teekleton over 6 years ago

Ece90812 0903 49a8 8e35 aa86c774be22  dsc00202
francesca gilberti

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

I would cut the piece in thin slices, lay them over thin slices of baguette or levain, pop them under the broiler for a minute or two and dollop a bit of fig jam on top. Or sprinkle with walnuts. Essentially, move in the direction of tartines...

Aa0aef2d aae3 438c a22e 1340af35ed29  face hat underpainting 1

Every so often I do a 'clean out the cheese drawer' wonderful mac n' cheese. I try to blend at least 3 types (btw - stout cheddars do NOT melt well in sauce). Some of the best is when there's some brie (without rind) in the mix for over the top creaminess. To make it more of a main I'll add some chunks of ham or other pork, if possible, and asparagus if it's in season. It makes a lovely supper accompanied by a simple salad with a nice vinaigrette.

941b2c03 833c 4102 bce7 8485bed9488a  img 0190

When I have some brie hanging around and want to get rid of I stuff chicken breast with brie and some mushrooms.

Slice it, and use it to top a pizza. Probably one with a lighter tomato sauce than usual would taste best.

2269774e 64e7 47ec 8fb3 d6fb03cce199  debbykalk photo

Stir it into tomato soup - sinfully great.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

A high class SOS.
Prosciutto ham. Chopped. Sauteed with chopped leeks and olive oil.
Add a touch of flour..cook. Add cream or milk to thicken and the cheese. Black pepper and salt to season. (watch the salt--the cheese is salty).
Serve over toasted ciabatta rolls.