🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Judy Hesser’s Oven-Fried Chicken

13931569 572b 4077 9583 e18cd3226c74  2016 0628 genius oven fried chicken bobbi lin 1633

I have a question about the recipe "Judy Hesser’s Oven-Fried Chicken" from Genius Recipes. I have a recipe for a sweet tea brined chicken. I'd love to try this using this method rather than deep frying. Do you think the sugar will make it burn in the oven with such a long cook time?

asked by PaigeBakes about 1 year ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

I don't think there would be enough sugar left on the outside to burn, but you could just rinse the brine off before dredging in the flour to be safe—the brine will already have done its work on the insides!