Creative use for black grapes

I bought a little bit less than two pounds of grapes at the farmers market, without trying them. And now that I did, the flavor is just incredible, it's like floral and seductive and a bit perfumy, but their skin is just way too thick. Unbearably thick to enjoy them on their own. I am looking for a way to use the grapes that would preserve this wonderful flavor. They would be amazing in a jam or jelly, but I am not sure that I have enough... Any other thoughts?

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

asked about 2 years ago

Rachel

couple of ideas. I make a kind of grape bruschetta thing that works well for fall.... Toast baguette slices until golden, then slather labne on them. Top with black grape halves and chopped mint. to serve, reduce a couple spoonfuls of balsamic vinegar until slightly syrupy, then mix in a spoonful of honey. Drizzle this over the platter of toasts right before serving.

Rachel

Maybe a grape compote would also work? Roughly chop and simmer with a little sugar, water or brandy, and a dash of orange blossom water, add some chopped pecans towards the end. Use as a condiment for a simple pork roast or duck.

It’s the season for grape schiacciata: http://www.epicurious.com...

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Margie, this sound like a lot of fun!

It’s really good--one of my favorites, particularly for breakfast.

I was thinking about clafoutis but this sounds even better. I do love black grapes.

Sounds like you already found a couple ideas to use these grapes. But just FYI, you can make jam even with a small amount of fruit...jam recipes usually adjust well for changes in quantity. And there are lovely grape chutney recipes (using grapes along or mixed with other fruits).

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

OMG Margie. The schiacciata is sublime. I have not had such a treat in a long time. (I cut sugar to 1/4 cup, and other than that followed the recipe.) Thank you!!!

I'm so happy you enjoyed it. It has been one of my favorites for a very long time. The right grapes make all the difference!

I peel grapes and use them in my favorite, Waldorf Salad this time of year. The apples are deliciously crisp and with the sweet/tang of grapes, it is a wonderful combination. Peeling my be a tedious task, but I just don't care for the skins. That's just me. :) BB