In a pickle over pickling

I've made dill pickles a few times but no matter how much dill or garlic cloves I add, they never get close to the kosher dill taste I crave. They taste more bread and butter

asked by irishcook about 2 years ago

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

Are the pickles you crave fermented or vinegar pickles? Perhaps you crave pickles that are fermented and are using recipes with vinegar. Just a guess...

MMH
MMH

We made refrigerator dills & at first were disappointed with the flavor. We found that the flavor improved with time.

jeinde

Look on this site for lacto-fermented pickles. They are true kosher dills. As they aren't canned they only last for a couple of months in the fridge, but they are absolutely delicious.