🔕 🔔

In a pickle over pickling

I've made dill pickles a few times but no matter how much dill or garlic cloves I add, they never get close to the kosher dill taste I crave. They taste more bread and butter

asked by irishcook 12 months ago

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

Are the pickles you crave fermented or vinegar pickles? Perhaps you crave pickles that are fermented and are using recipes with vinegar. Just a guess...

3299dd0b a953 46f5 8a98 a0241f3b893a  256
MMH

We made refrigerator dills & at first were disappointed with the flavor. We found that the flavor improved with time.

0022585b ac31 476f 99fb ddea69bdece6  fb avatar

Look on this site for lacto-fermented pickles. They are true kosher dills. As they aren't canned they only last for a couple of months in the fridge, but they are absolutely delicious.