Can I salvage over whipped cream cheese?

This is my second attempt at making mini cheesecakes. First try flavor was great but they sunk a bit in the center after cooling. I water bathed them, didn't overbake and let them cool completely in the oven with the door cracked before I refridgerated them. In researching why they sunk, it sounds like I may have overbeat my cream cheese. Can I salvage this?

asked by Andrea about 2 years ago

If I understand your question, you want to salvage the already baked mini cheesecakes that taste great but may look funny (cracked filling):
> top them with some good preserves, fruit sauce or sauteed fruit.
> top them with sweet-sour or strong-flavored sauces like mostarda, muhammara, chutney.
If I've got it wrong, please explain more...

Andrea

Thanks for replying. First batch all gone! Didn't look perfect but taste just fine, covered with homemade fruit curd. Now I'm trying a second batch and I beat my cream cheese etc., everything added except the eggs. Of course I researched the sinking issue after I had beat the cream cheese and now I fear I have beat it to death! Anything I can do to push out excess air which may be causing the sinking centers?

Andrea - I'm better at salvaging the cracked-top cheesecake with something tasty on top than preventing it. A quick web-search shows many people have the same cracked-top problem (regular size or mini). Maybe some of the expert bakers here will have some advice for you.