I need a company-worthy menu for people that eat exclusively keto - extreme low-carb.

I will be feeding 14 people, and 2 of them are keto - extreme low-carb - not only no grains, but no tomatoes, no carrots, no root vegetables, no peas, no winter squash, no fruit, no dairy, no beans. I do NOT want to make separate dishes for them. I had them last month and had grilled meat and roasted vegetables. I want to do something different, something more company worthy. I'm at a loss. Also no "cauliflower rice" or "cauliflower pizza crust" shall ever pass my lips. Help?

asked by Andrea Young almost 2 years ago

2 ideas -
1) ask these guests for suggestions, as they must deal with the cooking issue all the time.
2) make some luxurious fish - whether by species and/or by presentation (e.g. in a salt crust, grilled in one piece) - and a green vegetable or green salad.

Stephanie G

I agree with Nancy. A beautiful fish dish with a delicious salad would be great.

ktr
ktr

I made this recipe the other day and while simple, it was delicious. I served it with rice which would be fine for those not on the keto diet plan. https://www.plantoeat.com...

Or, how about a roast chicken with sauteed kale.

You can also look up keto meal ideas online and there are many examples.

I wouldn't look at it as making separate dishes for them, but if you really want potatoes, rice, peas, etc, that you can make those for everyone else as a side dish.

ktr
ktr

Sorry I just realized I accidentally linked my meal planner and not the recipe.
http://nomnompaleo.com...

scruz

i had a difficult to cook for houseguest and nothing i made could satisfy him. my leg of lamb was rotten meat and i told him to eat the numerous veggie side dishes if he didn't want to eat what i prepared for easter dinner. he's gotten better. that experience has made me less inclined to put myself in the position of cooking for people who have really strict dietary needs and either make the protein dish and ask them to make the sides or join them for dinner at their table. life is too short. invite them and let them bring their own food, if you must invite them. or invite them for dessert. and then eat them!

Keto is pretty easy. Since you don't want to do beef, I like the idea of a baked fish. There is a fabulous fudge dessert that is floating around that is keto friendly. I'll see if I can find it.

As someone said, you don't have to cook separately for them. Offer rice and/or bread to the rest of your guests. The keto folks would not want everyone else to be deprived.

roasted cauliflower, broccoli or brussels sprouts as a side. Or a baby lettuce salad with roasted mushrooms (shiitake are tasty, hen-of-the-woods get nice and crispy edges). Or how about sautéed baby spinach with garlic and maybe pine nuts. Will be nominating you for sainthood.