The pie emoji is coming! Hear how we helped change history. »

I accidentally added 1 1/2 Tsp of baking powder instead of baking sofa, can I fix it before it goes in the oven?

I was baking chocolate cupcakes and I tasted the batter and asked my mom if I did anything wrong. She saw the baking powder out and asked if the recipe called fot it, so I double checked... I added 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder instead of soda. Is there a way to counteract this before I bake it, cause it'll explode.

asked by Julia 5 months ago
23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

It probably won't explode- the baking powder won't have as much leavening effect as the soda (assuming the recipe was written correctly, with enough acid)- you could add some soda; maybe somebody can give you a number from experience- I'd guess that +1 tsp. would be about right.