🔕 🔔

Is there a rule of thumb for converting cooking times of cake to cupcakes. I want to make the not-red velvet cake (http://www.food52.com/recipes...).
From looking at cupcake recipes, and given that my oven is quite fast, I am thinking of leaving the temp as is, and starting to check for doneness at about 15 mins.
Any advice?

asked by tellmeaboutfood over 6 years ago

Ad0d3623 a28a 4793 82a8 5f1ab0a2f633  dsc00426

if by "fast" you mean that it runs hot, i would first adjust the temperature so that it's 350º-- you don't want the temperature too high. check at 15 minutes, rotate the pan, and check again 20. i would expect them to take 23-28 minutes.