🔕 🔔

How long can I keep an uncooked turkey in the fridge before roasting?

I bought one Sunday at the supermarket (yesterday) and wanted to make sure it keeps in the fridge till Thursday. As a vegetarian (cooking for others) I have zero experience with meat.

asked by Sim,Blaustein about 1 year ago

7c06bfa6 dcc3 4ae2 b256 5c89e09648ca  2017 0309 samantha james ransom 242 1
Samantha Weiss Hills

Samantha is a freelance writer and editor.

Hi Sim -- it should keep if you use a dry brine method, in which you salt the turkey 3 days ahead of time and store it in the fridge. I'd recommend this one, a Genius Recipe: https://food52.com/recipes.... Happy holidays!

3299dd0b a953 46f5 8a98 a0241f3b893a  256
MMH

I would also recommend Alton Brown's method which starts several days ahead, spatchcocked in the fridge.