How long can I keep an uncooked turkey in the fridge before roasting?

I bought one Sunday at the supermarket (yesterday) and wanted to make sure it keeps in the fridge till Thursday. As a vegetarian (cooking for others) I have zero experience with meat.

asked by Sim,Blaustein over 1 year ago

Samantha Weiss Hills
Samantha Weiss Hills

Samantha is a freelance writer and editor.

Hi Sim -- it should keep if you use a dry brine method, in which you salt the turkey 3 days ahead of time and store it in the fridge. I'd recommend this one, a Genius Recipe: https://food52.com/recipes.... Happy holidays!

MMH
MMH

I would also recommend Alton Brown's method which starts several days ahead, spatchcocked in the fridge.