Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

I roasted the Torrisi turkey breast in advance just to 135 degrees and chilled. How long/what oven temp do I need to reheat it up to 135 degrees?

And does it really need the ice water bath once I get it back up to 135 degrees, before putting it in the hot oven to finish the glaze?
And what should the final internal temperature be after finishing the glaze? Does it need to rest before slicing?
Thanks so much. ;o) Here is the link to the recipe: https://food52.com/recipes...

asked 2 months ago
Edbc8f24 f211 4608 8634 c9663724f88c  open uri20141008 9208 c8tc05

Remove the turkey from oven and raise temperature to 425° F. Without removing thermometer or wrapping, submerge the turkey in the ice bath for 5 minutes. Remove foil, plastic wrap, and turkey skin. Pat dry and brush glaze liberally on all sides of the breasts. Roast until glaze is golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and serve thinly sliced, hot or cold. Rest it for a good twenty minutes, or longer.

Jeffro, thank you for the advice on letting it rest for 20 minutes or more.

I'd still very much like to know how long it will take to get up to 350 internal temp from chilled, having already cooked it, and at what temperature should it be reheated in the oven to get it there. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear about that. (I'd also like to know what the final internal temperature should be after it's in the oven at the higher temperature.)
Thanks again. ;o)

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.