I made my pecan pie last night. Should it be refrigerated, or should I leave it out until heating it tomorrow afternoon?

• Posted by: jgrrl
  • November 23, 2016

Rose L. November 23, 2016
thanks sweet Alice! i was supposed to be "off" at noon EST but when i saw that question, having just made the pie last week for step by step photos for next book i just couldn't resist. thanks for your valued support!

Alice M. November 23, 2016
I admit that refrigeration is usually a fall back "safe" answer. But I strongly suspect that if Rose says you can leave that pie out all night, you can indeed leave that pie out all night. There is sooo much sugar in that filling, I don't think it can spoil. :)

Alice M. November 23, 2016
Store covered in the fridge and take out in plenty of time to bring it back to room temp. If you want it warm, reheat in 275F oven for 15 minutes before serving.

Samantha W. November 23, 2016
I'd suggest covering it loosely with some plastic wrap or foil and storing it in the fridge!

Rose L. November 23, 2016
no need to refrigerate it if you have a place to store it without risk of tempting creatures from taking a nibble! best to store uncovered so the nuts on top and the crust stay crisp. if not, be sure to take it out of the fridge at least an hour before serving.