Spring, meet grill pan—on sale for $99! Shop now »
🔕 🔔

Piquante Pecan pie recipe

Recipe for a Piquante Pecan pie?? We had one and it disappeared, it was an old family recipe.. any ideas? My Mom just cannot remember all the ingredients and steps....Thanks!

asked by Tracey 4 months ago
23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

I would assume that's a pecan pie with some heat- was it noticeably different from other pecan pies in other ways? It's going to be tough actually coming up with an old family recipe, but the steps in a pecan pie tend to be pretty basic.

If you can remember who started making this pie (your Mom, one of your grandmothers?), when and where, you might search community cookbooks from there and then.

A bit of poking around via BING did turn up a few recipes for piquant, or deviled, pecans and an aborted Chowhound discussion. They seem, however, to run to some ingredients- Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, garlic powder, hot sauce etc.- that would make for a sort of peculiar pie.