🔕 🔔

Northeasteners -- anybody snowed in and doing some serious cooking in honor of the storm?

I actually came to work where they have proceeded to feed us all day.

asked by caninechef 6 months ago

293d95fd 52e1 46ad a2db e4854254ee22  image 1

I am a Mainer temporarily living in North Carolina, where the temperatures plummeted, but the sun in still shining. But in honor of the snow, I'm preparing winter food for a small dinner party tonight. It happens to be an Ottolenghi-themed affair: Shanghai beef and turnip stew, a side/starter of gingered tomatoes with butternut squash (insanely good), and a variation of his poached pear recipe in this week's NYT. (No saffron and no kataifi to be had, but I'm doing the pears and the feta creme.) It would be an AWESOME meal for a snowy day.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

On the West Coast it feels like cassoulet weather to me. Yet another wave of rain on the way.

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I am making tamarind glazed short ribs. I got some real tamarind yesterday, and squeezed the pulp with my own bare hands :) while watching the snow... The flavor is just amazing.