🔕 🔔

How should I prepare kampachi?

I went to the grocery store to get tuna, but they were out. The guy at the fish counter recommended kampachi. How should I prepare it? I've heard it's good raw, but the filets have the skin on, and I'm not confident in my ability to take it off without mangling it. Can I sear it on the skin side and leave it rare on the other, maybe?

asked by Hollie O'Connor 9 months ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

What did you end up doing with your fish? For the next time, you might want to check out the suggestions in this related thread: https://food52.com/hotline...