🔕 🔔

Storing large quantity of pizza dough

My friend says he makes a big batch of pizza dough & stores it in a dough rising bucket in the fridge. He scoops some out whenever he wants to make a pizza. My family makes pizza pretty regularly so this would be a great setup for us, but I'm wondering how long dough would last under those conditions?

asked by Cosmolyn Sewell 9 months ago

ktr

I've done this in the past and kept it for a week in the fridge. You can also freeze the dough to keep it longer.

195d3425 5ce0 4767 bff6 37c518a07ce8  stringio

It will start to turn a weird colour eventually, so you will know when to throw it out. Check out "artisan bread in 5 minutes a day" - it has tips for storing dough in the fridge over the course of a two-week period I recall.