🔕 🔔

does anyone remember a dish made with leftover potroast and pillsbury parker house rolls...my dad called it pinwheels stuffed w/ prairie dog m

popular in the mid atlantic area in the early 60's... may be served with a sweet sauce or gravy literally they were circles of the dough with the meat stuffed inside....so they sort of looked like wagon wheels ... I know this is vague but both parents are dead and I have no idea where to start my search so I thought here was a good place to start....thanks

asked by Big G-man 5 months ago

I've never had it, but my mother was an avid collector of recipes from the sides and backs of boxes, wrappers, etc., which were all family favorites. I learned a few years ago that all the companies that for generations posted recipes (without exception, thoroughly tested and reliable, I might add) now have websites. Some of the really old recipes we "discovered" and tried when I was a girl are actually online now. I therefore did a quick search and got this: https://www.google.com...* This would be a good start, if you're up to adapting. You could also contact Posie Harwood, a regular contributor here, who has posted quite a few old recipes from the sides of boxes and packages. I know that she has some books, too, that are collections of old name-brand favorites. She may be able to help you out.
Good luck! ;o)

This recipe from a 1934 Dept. of Agriculture pamphlet (search in the book for "pinwheel") on Google Books might be helpful - https://books.google.com...
One of many reasons I am so grateful for Google's vision and initiative in scanning so many otherwise unavailable resources. ;o)

2487144e c60d 4bdc b4cc 4af767a9ad96  img 6405

Pillsbury has many recipes of these on their site. I'm going to try the one with ham.