Help! New BeaterBlade stuck on Cuisinart stand mixer. Any ideas?

asked by Annisse almost 8 years ago

Savorykitchen

Is it stuck into the bowl, or wedged onto the motor assembly? If wedged - I suggest squirting some oil into the stuck area. Give it a minute to seep around, and then try to remove.

Annisse

It is stuck on the assembly. Have to make a Home Depot trip to find a wrench skinny enough to access. Not happy. First time I've used. Since assembly rotates, hard to "unscrew."

Savorykitchen

Ah - If you have a visegrip or other locking wrench, you might be able to have someone hold the assembly in place for you. For what it's worth, I love my Beater blade, so once you get it off, it'll be marvelous, I promise. :-)

Is there a spring on the motor assembly where it attaches? After you put some oil on it as savorykitchen suggested (you can use cooking oil), rock it around a little to try and free up the spring. Then you should be able to rotate it off.

Annisse

Thanks for the visegrip advice. There's no spring.

Annisse

Yea!! Visegrip trick worked in two seconds. But now nervous to use the thing again. Off to make French toast for the family breakfast (America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook), and don't need to use the mixer for it anyway. Thank you Savorykitchen.

Savorykitchen

Huzzah! Take a well-earned break from it, then when you're ready (and not in a hurry, perhaps fortified by a martini or two?) give it another go. Enjoy your French toast!

disaster averted! Well done! Curious what the beater blade is and what it's used for. Is it different than the paddle attachment?

Savorykitchen

This is one version: http://www.google.com/products...# . I have this one - the Side Swipe : http://www.sideswipeblade.com/ and love it. It constantly scrapes down the side of the mixer and mostly eliminates the problem of floury bits accumulating at the bottom of the mixer bowl. Only issue is that it can fling flour or liquids out of the bowl if you add them too quickly.

If you have further issues, I would go directly to the manufacturer.

cookbookchick

I love my BeaterBlade! I use it with my Kitchen Aid all the time -- as SavoryKitchen says it eliminates the need to stop the mixer and scrape down the bowl. It's one of those fabulous ideas that make you say "why didn't I think of that?" -- and I bet Kitchen Aid is thinking the same thing!

Annisse

I wrote an e-mail to the manufacturer, but I assumed on a Sunday I wouldn't hear from them any time soon! So I turned to FoodPickle and got help quickly. I had a Side Swipe for my KA mixer, which worked great. Got a new Cuisinart mixer and the BeaterBlade I ordered from Amazon got stuck on the first use. So right now I wouldn't recommend it. But at some point I'll venture another try.