🔕 🔔

Recipe for unwhipped egg whites?

Anyone have a recipe for unwhipped egg whites? Long story short, I ruined a batch of meringues by recklessly dumping in frozen nuts, and the whites will no longer whip. All my cakes recipes require whipped whites.

asked by Jennifer W 5 months ago

I would use them to make granola clusters/bark. You already have nuts in them so why not add rolled oats, dried fruit, etc .

Smitten Kitchen has a couple of granola recipes that uses egg white (whipped frothy only).

Good idea!

A43dee65 01b1 40a6 994d 068c78eb3eee  9f7dd561 a480 4e1b 8c8f d5da7ab5167c
dinner at ten

dinner at ten is a trusted home cook.

These very good chocolate cookies: http://orangette.net/2006...
They are kind of like a meringue, but because you don't whip the eggs they turn out chewy and kind of fudgy. I've made them with or without the cocoa nib suggested, and with pepitas subbed in for the walnuts (for a nut-allergic friend) and they were good all those ways, so I'm sure whatever nuts you put in would be good too.

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

Yes, yes! I was thinking of these too! They are really good. I think the recipe was also in the NY Times, just before Passover one year.

Or throw in a few more ingredients to make sweet frittatas

Payard's flourless chocolate walnut cookies.