🔕 🔔

Recipe calls for 2 cinammon sticks; how much ground cinammon should I use instead?

The recipe calls for 2 cinammon sticks, which I don't have. Once cooked for 1/2 hour, I'd remove the sticks. How much ground cinnamon can I use in its place to result in the same effect?

asked by Erica 7 months ago

Fe30e51a 9e41 4007 93f5 f8b0a3545f25  fb avatar

I might start with 1/8th of a teaspoon, or a pinch. The effect the recipe is calling for is a light infusion of scent, not a flavor, specifically. Also ground connamon has a texture. If it were me, I might just leave it out altogether, or use a spice like whole cardamon, whole coriander seeds or even whole peppercorns.

E37bac74 bb5c 44f2 a71c 5cc13d32e23c  stringio

Thank you! This was very helpful!