🔕 🔔

Help! My braised pork is too cinnamon-y. I used this recipe: http://www.melissaclark.net/blog/2011/03/pork-stew.html. What can I do (now)?

I followed the recipe exactly, too (which is rare for me). Do I just have a super strong kind of cinnamon? The sticks were big and fat, so I actually only used one, but broke it down the middle. Is there anything I can add to tone it down? Help!! Thanks so much, everyone. ;o)

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Wow, it's surprising that it has such a strong cinnamon taste--maybe because you broke the stick down the middle and exposed more surface? Anyway, can you add more tomatoes, bay, olives, anchovies and wine and try to over-shadow the cinnamon? Heat might help, too, but you can't eat peppers, right? Did you taste it over the polenta? I'm thinking the polenta may tone it down some, too. I'm not sure this is helping--good luck--I'm not a huge fan of cinnamon so I feel your pain.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I did the same thing once with cinnamon, I just kept adding more ingredients except the cinnamon of course to tone it down, I agree with drbabs just add extra of whatever is in the stew.

Ad0d3623 a28a 4793 82a8 5f1ab0a2f633  dsc00426

maybe serving it with a drizzle of sour cream will help?

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

More tomatoes was my first thought as well. I just did a braised pork tonight too, and I used a lot (a lot!) of tomatoes I'd roasted in the oven with olive oil. Mine had no cinnamon, but I do think that the intense sweetness of all those roasted tomatoes could have swallowed a lot of spice.