I want to make an alfredo sauce with 2 jars, peas and chicken, but how do I add the peas and chicken?

I'm making it tonight. As I said, I have 2 jars of alfredo sauce. A bag of frozen peas and 2 packages of precooked chicken strips. I've looked an all I find are serious homemade recipes that have me make the alfredo.

Nancy W
Nancy W June 28, 2017

Defrost the peas, warm up the chicken, and stir both into the warmed sauce.

krystalle
krystalle June 28, 2017

Thank you for answering! This was helpful! Looking for this easy help on google and was just not getting it lol

HalfPint June 28, 2017

Since you already have the alfredo sauce in jars, put the sauce into a pot (you'll probably need about a 6 quart pot), add the peas (frozen) and the chicken to sauce. Gently heat until the peas and chicken are warmed through. The idea is not to boil the sauce, just heat to warm. Everything else is already cooked, so you'll only need to warm them through.

I find that jarred alfredo has a weird aftertaste, so I would recommend a little fresh lemon juice to kind of brighten the flavor and cover that weird flavor.

krystalle
krystalle June 28, 2017

Thank you for your answer, I don't know about the lemon as I've never heard anyone say it's weird, hehe. I tried looking for help like this on google but everything was just homemade and I wasn't ready for that :)