A question about a recipe: Clotilde Dusoulier's Yogurt Cake (Gâteau au Yaourt)

I have a question about the recipe "Clotilde Dusoulier's Yogurt Cake (Gâteau au Yaourt) " from Sarah Jampel. I don't understand what 1 scant tub of vegetable oil means, how much in measure pkeas

• Posted by: msbatg
  • July 19, 2017

Lindsay-Jean Hard July 19, 2017

It's 80 milliliters vegetable oil. (As she notes in the headnote, measuring with yogurt tubs is just a way to avoid pulling out measuring cups, but you can certainly use the standard measurement too!)

msbatg
msbatg July 19, 2017

Thank you, I can't find 4 oz yogurt cups, and didn't understand the scant measure. I'm looking forward to making the cake.

AntoniaJames July 19, 2017

80 ml just happens to be almost precisely 1/3 cup. Does that make it easier? ;o)

msbatg
msbatg July 19, 2017

Thank you kindly, you saved me from looking up the conversion. I'm looking forward to making the cake and I feel sure I'm going to enjoy this squishy cake. I will let you know the outcome. Thanks again.

AntoniaJames July 20, 2017

Thanks for letting us know what you think about this cake. FYI, I just type "80 ml in cups" in my browser in Chrome and the answer comes up on the search results page - I don't even need to click through or plug it into a conversion table. ;o)