🔕 🔔

I knocked some cigarette ash into my coleslaw mixture - how bad can it be if I mix it in? Is ash ever used in any recipes?

asked by XXX-XXX-1371 almost 7 years ago

That might be gross. Wood ash is used in nixtamal (processed corn) but only as a way to break down protein, then it's washed away. Tobacco ash + cigarette additives won't taste good in food. No judgement, but if you smoke while cooking, doesn't it make all your food taste like cigarettes?

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Really bad. Don't do it. Please.

ADS

I once had a particulalry awful dessert at at restaurant in Barcelona- the whipped cream was flavored to taste like a cigar ash....really vile.
Toss it.

8c5e3e9f 1b4a 49bc b261 442225295683  stringio

I hope you are kidding.

Ash, although not cigarette ash, can be used in making cheese. Not coleslaw however.

4b3b3cea 9e39 48aa b042 fb2bfc359a4b  129

Is this Ruth Bourdain?