🔕 🔔

My Basket ()

All questions

A question about a recipe: The Chocolate Pudding I Wish My Mother Had Made for Me

146c2e3b 9af4 4d7f a9d4 2ab115557602  img 0726

I have a question about the recipe "The Chocolate Pudding I Wish My Mother Had Made for Me " from drbabs.
I haven't heard of 'half and half' - we don't have this in England - does it go by any other name??

asked by MandyK over 6 years ago
2 answers 831 views
Bcc78608 7fe7 45ce b4e3 22eb77becfcb  19563 1311617467230 1134421232 30970858 8017238 n
added over 6 years ago

In the United States, half and half is a mix of 1/2 whole milk and ½ cream, typically used as a cream in coffee. Half-and-half does not whip, but it can be used in place of whipping (heavy) cream in many recipes for less fat cooking. Its fat content is12%.

23b88974 7a89 4ef5 a567 d442bb75da04  avatar
added over 6 years ago

Single cream is probably your closest equivalent in the UK.

Let's Keep in Touch!

Get the recipes and features that have us talking, plus first dibs on events and limited-batch products.

(Oh, and $10 off your order of $50 or more in the Food52 Shop, too.)

Please enter a valid email address.