A question about a recipe: The Chocolate Pudding I Wish My Mother Had Made for Me

146c2e3b 9af4 4d7f a9d4 2ab115557602  img 0726

I have a question about the recipe "The Chocolate Pudding I Wish My Mother Had Made for Me " from drbabs.
I haven't heard of 'half and half' - we don't have this in England - does it go by any other name??

asked by MandyK over 7 years ago

Sue D

In the United States, half and half is a mix of 1/2 whole milk and ½ cream, typically used as a cream in coffee. Half-and-half does not whip, but it can be used in place of whipping (heavy) cream in many recipes for less fat cooking. Its fat content is12%.

innoabrd

Single cream is probably your closest equivalent in the UK.