🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chicken that Fancies Itself Spanish with Lemons, Onions & Olives

8b6d7d55 ac03 4179 8a92 aabd4a8b45e8  021511f 267

I have a question about the recipe "Chicken that Fancies Itself Spanish with Lemons, Onions & Olives" from MeghanVK.

How do you measure the tomatoes? are they whole canned? Or do you use a portion of a can of already crushed tomatoes?

asked by Baywife over 6 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

They are the canned whole tomatoes, just measure out a cup w/o the juice.

8964b3c9 321d 4694 8cb9 0831179b34db  welovephotobooths 1 1042624

Good question - I just eyeball a cup's worth of whole peeled tomatoes from the can and crush them into the pot (remove the core), but if you want to be precise, you can crush the tomatoes separately and then measure out a cup. Usually there are one or two small tomatoes left in the can, which I use for something else.

You could use part of a can of already crushed tomatoes, but I've heard that crushed tomatoes of lower quality than the whole peeled ones, which is why I use whole and then crush them myself. Hope that helps!