🔕 🔔

How much confectioner's sugar can I add to store bought frosting to make it stiff for piping onto cupcakes?

asked by Jennifer about 1 month ago

8671a78d 7dd4 4230 a4ec 2a67389ef45e  image
added about 1 month ago

You might be surprised, but you don't want the frosting to be too stiff, or it will be impossible to pipe out. Have you tried to pipe it out already? I've also noticed that the frosting will hold its shape when you refrigerate the cupcakes, so keep that in mind.
It will also not set up like wedding-cake frosting, if you want it to have that almost-crisp texture and pipe fine details. That's a very specific type of icing called Royal Icing, which can be made at home. As PoLC said, frosting is pretty easy to make!