🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Mexican Grandma Salsa

Ccff48b8 0a74 40a0 ae6a 27fc313d1968  img 7020

I have a question about the recipe "Mexican Grandma Salsa" from Erika. what amount of onion do you recommend when mixing with the blended tomatoes?

asked by cindy about 1 month ago

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px
added about 1 month ago

The recipe ingredient list calls for "1/2 large white onion, finely diced" however recipes like this are pretty flexible. Add however much suits your palate.

I would eyeball it myself just based on the volume of the other ingredients and what I think would work best for me. Undoubtedly I'm in the minority here, but personally my policy is moderation with alliums (onions, garlic, etc.).

Admittedly, I'm not one to usually follow recipes word by word.

Anyhow, it's easy to add more, impossible to remove onion from a preparation like this if you add too much.

If you don't know what ___ quantity of onion will do, add a little, taste, add a little more, taste again.

Best of luck.