A question about a recipe: Mexican Grandma Salsa

E895adf5 cd8c 4238 83d9 14b8d9a940a7  2018 0703 mexican grandma salsa 3x2 james ransom 193

I have a question about the recipe "Mexican Grandma Salsa" from Erika. what amount of onion do you recommend when mixing with the blended tomatoes?

asked by cindy 12 months ago

The recipe ingredient list calls for "1/2 large white onion, finely diced" however recipes like this are pretty flexible. Add however much suits your palate.

I would eyeball it myself just based on the volume of the other ingredients and what I think would work best for me. Undoubtedly I'm in the minority here, but personally my policy is moderation with alliums (onions, garlic, etc.).

Admittedly, I'm not one to usually follow recipes word by word.

Anyhow, it's easy to add more, impossible to remove onion from a preparation like this if you add too much.

If you don't know what ___ quantity of onion will do, add a little, taste, add a little more, taste again.

Best of luck.