A question about a recipe: Peach Tart

1306fcea fb6d 45ec 8d00 a1af7da8fd0c  2011 0822 peach tart james ransom 4118

I have a question about the recipe "Peach Tart" from Amanda Hesser. Made this twice today- really wanted to get it right! Both times my crust burnt around the edges. Tips or tricks appreciated!

asked by FromAway over 1 year ago

I make an aluminum foil collar for the crust. Put it on the crust when it goes in the oven and remove the collar about 10-15minutes before tart is done. Crust will be golden.

The only explanation I can think of is that maybe your oven runs hot? I would try baking it 25-degrees lower next time. Hope this helps!