Hi...Will jello (gelatin) turn to jell if poured in holes of a warm cake and then refrigerated?

Orange refrigerator cake recipe calls for gelatin poured in holes of a warm cake and then refrigerated but doesn't say if the gelatin will solidify after that...don't want that...

asked by Lori Renee' Tyiska about 1 year ago

Beth

Nope, it will just make the cake super moist. I use this trick a lot with different variations of cake/jello.

Lori Renee' Tyiska

Thanx!...

Lori Renee' Tyiska

Do you use all of the jello pkg to put in a refrigerator cake with holes or just enough for fork holes?

Lori: You will want to follow the directions for the whole cake to determine how much of the warm jello to pour over.
The jello will not turn into a mold, but will soak into the cake, much like an imbibing liquid.

Beth

Lori- If I am making a sheet cake I will use one cup of hot water per package of jello mix.